The main goals of the research project consist in designing and testing of the technologies needed to achieve project's outputs, in particular:
• definition and implementation of semantic models and algorithms for the automatic recognition of points of interest through social media monitoring and for supporting the consultation of itineraries via chat-bot;
• creation of artificial intelligence engines for the conversion of unstructured information from social networks into points of interest with GPS coordinates and capable of profiling users through synchronization with social networks and recognition of the most suitable tourist patterns to propose the itineraries that match users' tastes and expectations;
• definition and implementation of operational research models and algorithms for the self-generation of tourist itineraries and the verification of space-time sustainability;
• definition of user profiling models via chat-bot.
The expected results from this project's realization, which concern all the SMEs involved can be summarized in the following points.
• Increasing the degree of innovation of the company: having a range of research methodologies and tools that can be used for subsequent (post-project) steps of pre-competitive development and / or any industrialization of innovative products.
• Industrialization: having an application capable of penetrating countless markets and tourism areas through the self-generation of itineraries and the diffusion of multilingual conversational interfaces.
• Engineering of "social driven" artificial intelligence engines so that they are able to self-train in different semantic and territorial contexts, thus defining glocalised itineraries and paths.
• Increase of the intrinsic value of the individual company components thanks to the availability of the models, prototypes and products developed, thus favoring any selling and / or re-capitalization of theme.